Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 2 - Pre Cleanse afternoon

So today has certainly been interesting and I think I have now grasped how everything works and where everything is although I still have my formal orientation tomorrow.

Starting where I left off the green smoothie was drinkable it was a mixture of apple, lettuce, celery, kiwifruit and whatever other green things you can think of blended with water.

I headed back to the room to watch some tv and relax before lunch only to discover that the whole hotel was having the electricity cut off for an hour. I took advantage of the now sunny weather and headed to the pool. I burn far too easily so took it easy with a 20 min swim and a 10 minute lay in the sun.

Before I knew it 12pm which meant lunch. Pookie had said she was going to make me her favorite meal and to her credit it was delicious. It was made up of sliced carrots, capsicum, onion, garlic, cashew nuts served in a bed of lettuce with a apple vinegar dressing. The raw garlic was definitely something that I knew I would continue to taste for the next 12 hours but again thinking positively it was all going to help get rid of my cold.

Once I polished that off I headed back to the room for a nap and although extremely tired I couldn't fall asleep. I was back over to the wellness at 3pm for my second green smoothie for the day.

It was 4pm in no time which meant massage time! I have to admit that it was the best massage that I think I have ever had. Feeling great I headed to the steam room which is open for two hours each night and cleaned my sinuses out for 20 minutes.

Dinner was served just after 6.30pm and everyone at the wellness centre was telling me to enjoy it as this would be my last solid food until next Thursday. Dinner was a mix of apple, mushrooms, carrots and again was really tasty, something you would never think of doing back at home. While eating I talked with Anna who is on day 8 of 9 and Bruce on day 9 of 14. They were both telling me their horror stories.

Anna said that she crashed on day 3, vomiting so much that she couldn't leave the room and had people cleaning up after her for a whole day. Bruce said that he didn't actually vomit but got close and added that you get use to never trusting a fart. The colemas seem to be a hot topic of discussion with sly jokes about people not being full of shit any more. My first colema is tomorrow at 10am so for those of you whom don't like to talk about poo I suggest you switch off for a while.

I sort of can't help but think what have I got myself in for but at the same time excited to reap the positive rewards from it at the end. After dinner I could hear the strange noise again and after some investigation found it to be a frog which was in a pipe just outside by front door. As it was making it's noise it was echoing and vibrating. I couldn't stand another sleepless night so headed over to the reception desk and asked if they could do something about it and if not suggest that I change rooms.

A young Thai boy was sent to investigate and I could see he wasn't really sure what he should be doing so I suggested he gets the hose and forces it out. There were three pipes leading into a pit all of which he force the hose down until the evil frog fell from the downpipe. At this point I bolted about 10 meters away while he, without a care in the world, leaned down picked it up and walked off with it. Lets hope that is the end and a good night sleep is had.

Final probiotic at 8pm and rest for an hour with suggested sleep time of 9pm read for an even bigger day tomorrow. No food .... am I crazy?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word - starvation, vomiting all day and drippy farts. Is this really good for you? My angel, becareful, I've heard dodgy things about these 'detox' programs. Regardless, I am so glued to this blog can't wait to read the next installment.

    Love Nat x

    ReplyDelete